New year, new opportunities … EasyProperties is recruiting!
EasyProperties Brand Manager. Want to use your marketing and communication skills to grow a proptech brand in the South African market? Please don’t send your CV. The Easy team do things a little differently, so follow the instructions in this job spec 🙂
EasyProperties is an online property investing platform that has opened the world of property ownership up to – wait for it – everyone. It’s not just our smart tech or our barrier breaking low costs that have established our community of investors in South Africa. It’s the people who fully back our purpose and wake up each day wanting to help get our community one step closer to financial freedom. If you think you might be one of them, read on.
We need someone to join our team who can build on our community and further establish our brand. Someone who can put easy, affordable, and fun property investing in the spotlight.
You’ll be a good fit if:
- You like working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- You like wearing many hats.
- You’re a self-starter who is able to work autonomously to achieve agreed outcomes and KPIs.
We’re a small team with diverse skills but everyone jumps in when they need to. Your can-do-anything energy, epic communication skills and natural flair for creative, out-of-the-box thinking will go a long way towards helping us achieve our ambitious goals.
You would describe yourself as someone who:
- Can take initiative, problem solve, move fast, pivot and create new opportunities.
- Collaborates well, but also works independently.
- Communicates with passion – at events, in webinars and podcasts as well as boardrooms: virtual or otherwise.
- Is a wordsmith who has excellent verbal and written communication.
- Is a natural networker and relationship builder with the ability to foster and nurture contacts.
We’d need you to be:
Comfortable with technology and online platforms. That means Zooming like a boss, Slacking about it and broadcasting it on an Insta Live. Just to mention a few.
If that sounds like Latin to you, you should probably stop here. We’re a fintech company, and we need you to be on board with embracing tech.
The stuff you’d be doing:
Your role will be to grow our community of EasyProperty investors in South Africa.
In this dynamic role, you will deliver engaging, high-quality brand and product initiatives across a range of communications channels.
You will be responsible for delivering quality, engaging brand and communications campaigns/projects across multiple channels, including planning, and writing content, driving our mission of democratising investing for all.
- Promoting and developing education content for our platform and various aspects of the property investment cycle
- Driving meaningful shareholder engagement through the development of benefits and loyalty programmes through new and existing developer relationships
- Planning and hosting regular events relating to current IPOs
- Managing all communications with our community including:
- Monthly newsletters,
- Dividends and auctions comms,
- Quarterly reports,
- Shareholder/ property specific updates,
- Marketing IPOs sufficiently to achieve 100% subscription within a designated timeframe, including:
- Pre IPO marketing/ hype
- Ongoing marketing during IPO
- Close IPO comms
- IPO Events
- Ongoing optimisation of journeying and conversions.
- Content management for EasyProperties website
- Promoting rental opportunities and support to EasyProperties rentals
Requirements (relevant skills and qualifications):
- A tertiary qualification in marketing, communications, media or design or equivalent. If you don’t have one, show us why you don’t need one.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally within marketing or business-related discipline.
- Strong writing, editing, creative and communications skills.
- Event management / activation / marketing / communication experience very preferable. We need an all-rounder who is multi-skilled and can multi-task.
How to apply:
We’re less interested in your CV or formal qualifications than we are in whether you are a good culture fit for our organization, along with possessing the skills and traits we’ve outlined above. We’re also looking for someone who really wants to be a part of our committed team, and our purpose to change the landscape of investing as we know it.
We need to know you are really invested.
If you’re not already an EasyProperties user, sign up. We’ll only consider candidates who have experienced our brand first hand and can give us authentic feedback.
Answer the below questions and email firstname.lastname@example.org and if we’re impressed we’ll contact you to ask for your CV:
- Tell us about a project that you managed – and what did you learn from it?
- What does agile culture mean to you?
- Which of your skills do you think would be the most relevant for this role?
- How do you think our platform can be improved?
- We’ll get loads of great applications. Tell us one thing you’ve done in your life that will make us interested in you.
When you send your response – send it with the same level of quality you’d use when engaging with our community.
Salary: Market and experience-related.