I wish someone had told me that all it takes is 20 minutes
It’s Monday morning and not only is the diary teeming with tasks but anxiety levels are piqued wondering how you’re possibly going to sneak in the time to work off those excess calories accumulated over the past two days.
This was the story of my life up until last year, May 2021 when BODYTEC Morningside swooped in to optimize my weekly workout routine.
Initially, I was disinclined to believe that an exercise regime of only 20 minutes – once a week – would make such a difference. Surely another get-fit-quick-AND-FAIL scheme…
Despite my misgivings, I submitted to a free trial session. The following morning, my immobility levels from muscle stiffness – resembling that of my CrossFit days – were all the convincing I needed to register as an avid BodyTeccher.
What is BODYTEC?
In a nutshell, BODYTEC uses a low-frequency stimulus to activate intense muscle contractions using the medically certified Miha BODYTEC EMS device. These impulses are combined with traditional low-impact exercises for an intense 20-minute full-body workout.
My personal trainers and mentors, Viv, and Pete, are phenomenal. They customise each session to my specific goals and the results are evidenced by my enhanced mental acuity, physical stamina, core strength, and flexibility – which all took a severe blow from an accident five years ago.
Other far-reaching benefits of BODYTEC EMS training include:
- Being gentle on the joints
- Ideal training for the elderly and those suffering from degenerative bone tissue.
- The BODYTEC EMS training device stimulates 90% of the muscle fibres in the body simultaneously, allowing for a much deeper contraction and as such amplifies muscle contractions beyond what we can do naturally and fills in the gaps to achieve the maximum amount of muscle fibres being activated in our muscles.
- Improves posture
- Reduces joint ache and pain
- Builds a great deal of muscle
- Enhances core strength
- Improves proprioceptive ability which in turn allows us to get the best out of our daily activities whether it’s making gains in the gym or spending more hours playing with our kids.
- Reduces back pain by up to 89%
- Relieves discomfort caused by incontinence which may be due to age or pregnancy
Consistency is KEY!
In a world of flux, I’m a determined believer that consistency is key to achieving a well-balanced life.
BODYTEC has enabled me to keep realistically committed to my fitness aspirations and sharpen my mind all whilst bringing me a sense of calm throughout each day.
I love my weekly late afternoon sunset sessions at BT Morningside allowing me to work away the week’s stresses and revitalize, refresh, and reset.
Supporting small local businesses has always been a passion of mine and as a member of BODYTEC, I get to do just that. The gym is conveniently located in the Morningside Shopping Centre, where I coincidentally also get my hair cut, buy my meat at Country Meat, meet clients for coffee, and enjoy a single malt (or two) at WhiskyBrothers.
If you’re looking for a seamless, solid, and guaranteed way to get holistically strong and fit, BODYTEC tops my list of recommendations.