Another exciting executive head search by CN&CO Recruit
With the conclusion of CN&CO’s most recent executive search – which culminated in the announcement of Sanele Majola as the next headmaster of St Stithians Boys Preparatory – the team is delighted to focus on assisting the Vuleka Council in finding their next executvie head. A wonderful position in which the succesful applicant will lead and support a team of seven heads. More details here:
Vuleka is an Anglican Diocesan Independent school which provides an excellent, holistic and affordable education for all.
Vuleka School invites applications for the following position
- To be the representative of Vuleka, as the primary person who builds networks for the school, who epitomizes Vuleka in a variety of external forums and who reports to all relevant stakeholders.
- To ensure that the schools are managed satisfactorily and in compliance with applicable legislation, regulations and personnel administrations as prescribed by the GDE, ISASA and the Anglican Board of Education.
- To ensure that the education of the learners is promoted in a proper manner and in accordance with approved policies.
- To oversee, guide and support the seven Heads, Deputy Heads, Business Manager and Fundraising Manager in their role to build a culture of commitment, care, respect and accountability within their respective teams.
- Lead, oversee and monitor the annual work plan and budget.
- Ensure, together with the executive and external auditor, the timely finalisation of Vuleka annual accounts and reporting.
- Design, propose and execute the strategic plan, together with the management team and Council.
- To work with the school Council in determining the aims and policies of the school, the strategies, plans and procedures that will support the school, and deciding how the school should operate and develop to improve the standards of education and service.
- Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery.
- Provide leadership to Vuleka learners, employees, interns and volunteers.
- Oversee the implementation of Vuleka policies, procedures and practices, including the development of job descriptions for all Vuleka staff.
- Oversee recruitment of staff at the different campuses.
- Ensure that all staff receive an introduction to Vuleka and orientation to the school and that appropriate training is provided.
- Coach, empower and provide training within areas of responsibility to ensure growth of Vuleka staff and to optimise results and performances in these areas of expertise.
- Oversee performance management process for all staff, which includes monitoring the performance of staff on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review.
- Ensure good information flow, internal communication and collaboration among all Vuleka staff, especially within the Management Team.
- To be cognisant of the diversity in the Vuleka office and to the support and actively encourage integration of all staff, interns & office volunteers.
- Genuine commitment to and understanding of education.
- Ability to develop vision and a proven track record of translating concepts into practice, and research into action.
- Strong leadership capacity and ability to lead a senior management team, as well as support and foster a healthy inter-disciplinary and multi-business unit working environment.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Conflict resolution and management skills.
- Strong organisational, strategic planning and reporting skills.
- Politically aware and personally resilient, with the ability to assess and influence internal and external politics to the advantage of our school.
- Excellent presentation skills including for media interviews and speaking in public.
- Ability to adapt to various computer-assisted management tools.
- Willingness to work outside of office hours if and when they arise.
- Substantive understanding of current pressures relating to family and socio-economic aspects and how these may impact learners and staff members.
- Availability to travel.
- South African citizen.
- B.Ed. Degree or Higher Diploma in Education.
- Experience in an educational leadership position.
- Teaching experience.
- Registered with SACE.
- Fluent in English and at least one other South African language.
- Be a Christian and uphold the faith, values and ethos of the school.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven management experience including change management and team development.
- Understanding and knowledge of the education, socio-political and economic dynamics in Southern Africa.
- Working experience in cross cultural settings and sensitivity to diversity.
- Understanding of financial and operational management issues.
- Direct experience of budgeting, fiscal control and financial planning.
- Understanding and experience in fundraising.
- Broad knowledge of and interest in the development and education of children.
- High level of literacy and competency in computer skills.
Your Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Vuleka School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.”