Making money – from townships to winelands via the beach!
Our Carel Nolte shares a bit of his EasyProperties journey …
I have an immense sense of pride in owing a piece of 27 properties (over 300 units in all!) across South Africa. And that feeling of pride in ownership, of being in charge of your destiny, is at the heart of much of what we do at EasyEquities. But I am also excited at the money I am making. Especially during these tough times. And all without hassle or admin.
I recently applied for a bond at a bank. My bank of over 30 years. I am lucky enough to have a good, well-paying job and an excellent financial track record. Despite that, and coupled with very onerous and time-consuming admin, regulation and FORMS FORMS FORMS, it was a process of over three months to get everything finalised. At which stage I decided to simply invest all the money I had wanted to invest in a property into EasyProperties.
And I am not unique. While the average investment on the platform is a few thousands and loads of people invest R100 or so, there’s a growing cohort of investors who invest R10 000 or more each month. Some over R100 000 or more in each property. In chatting to them, and using my own experience, here’s why:
- no admin or paperwork
- invest any amount and leave it to grow for five to seven years (capital appreciation)
- get dividends (from rentals) every quarter – and with rental guarantees on many properties, these have been flowing nicely
- no tenants to deal with – the excellent EasyProperties team finds, manages and sorts out the tenants professionally and efficiently
- quarterly reports showing me what is happening with my investment
- annual valuations to show me how my property is appreciating in value
There is currently a unique property in Soweto – aimed at young professionals and close to the iconic Orlando Towers – on the EasyProperties platform. As well as the luxurious Capital Pearls in Umhlanga (no need to test the sea water, lounge by the beautiful pool!) And in a week we launch our first student accommodation property – on the ever popular Stellenbosch, one of our most beautiful student towns with a massive shortage of housing for the future generation.
Whatever takes your fancy – don’t delay. Join me and thousands of other investors diversifying our portfolio, easily, and ensuring we have passive income in the tough times.