#MKTE2019: Get to know Tsavo
The Magical Kenya Travel Expo (MKTE) is a B2B trade show organised by our partner On Show Solutions for whom we handle the MKTE social media and mailers to hosted buyers, exhibitors, hosted media, and trade.
In working on the mailers we shared some interesting information on Kenya with the international buyers ahead of their arrival in Kenya. In this short series we are also sharing this information with you.
Basic information about Tsavo
- Tsavo is the largest national park in Kenya
- The area is made up of both Tsavo East National Park and Tsavo West National Park because the two parks are separated by the railway between Mombasa and Nairobi
Reasons visitors will love Tsavo
- In both parks, guests can spot wildlife species such as lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo, leopard, and crocodile
- Tsavo East National Park boasts up to 500 recorded bird species
- Bird species in Tsavo include the Crowned eagle and the rare Basra Reed Warbler, and the threatened cornrake
- Tsavo East National Park is one of the oldest national parks in Kenya
- Tsavo West is home to the spectacular Mzima Springs. It is a great site to visit and wonderful for fomo-worthy Instagram photos
- Tsavo East National Park is the largest protected area in Kenya
- The Ngulia Sanctuary in Tsavo West National Park is a public-private partnership to save the endangered black rhino from extinction
- The area is great for safaris and game drives as well as authentic and memorable experiences in Kenya
Are you a frequent traveller to Kenya? What do you think we should have included on this list? Tweet us and let us know.